Rules & Regulations
1. Staying out Overnight
- Students should come back by 23:30.
- There is no limit for staying out overnight.
2. Visiting Guests
- No visitors are allowed to roam about the dormitory.
- Designated time and place for guest visitors
- Where: Lobby and Garden of Duksung International Language center When: 08:00~21:00
- Visitors are not allowed to get into the rooms on the 3-5th floors
3. Security & Alarm System (12:30 ~05:00)
- Working hours: 23:30-5:00 (No one can go out of the building during this time)
- Residents are allowed to move around within the building.
- Do not approach the door on the 1st floor while the security alarm system is on.
- How to lock the door (5th floor): lock the room with the key when you go out, but lock the door with the key outside the room and close the door inside when you sleep.
- No copy for the key.
4.Items to bring
- Prohibited items: Cooktop, Coffeepot, refrigerator, TV, electric blanket, household electrical appliances
- Permitted items: computer, stand, audio device, Hair-dryer, small humidifier, small fan
5. Blanket rental
- The dormitory provides a pillow, pillow cover, mattress cover, and bed sheet
- Bed sheets are not allowed to be used as a blanket.
- Blankets can be rented on your request.
- Rental fee: 24,000won per semester (8,000won per month * 3 times) Exchange: Office
- Loss or damage: Residents are required to pay it off.
6. Trash & Food Waste Disposal
- Trash separation: There are separate trash bins for general and recycling trash at the restroom on each floor
- Food waste
- Food waste: Throw food waste into the food waste barrel at the back garden of the dormitory.
- Residents should use a legal plastic bag (green bag) and then throw it in the food waste barrel
- Throw the general trash to General Trash bin
Throw the general trash to General Trash bin
||Roots of green onions, water parsley and husk of corn etc.
||Chestnut shells, walnut, acorn / grape seeds, apricot stone, etc.
||Bone and fur(feather) of beef, pork, chicken
|Fish & Shell
||Clam shells, crab, crayfish, oyster etc
||Eggshells of chicken, duck, ostrich
||tea bag, coffee grounds, herb grounds, bottle cap, plastic bag etc.
7. Food Delivery
- Residents are supposed to receive the food outside the building and return the empty dishes outside the building
- Food delivery needs to be done by 22:30.
8. Receiving Packages
9. Emergency Medication
- Place: Office #112
- Medication: Ointment, Bandage, Band-Aid, disinfectant, Analgesic anti-inflammatory, Antispasmodics, pain-killers, Peptic, etc.
- Cough Medication cannot be provided unless prescribed by a doctor (because it contains antibiotics), If you are sick with the flu, visit a hospital to see a doctor.
- Residents can get medication from the security guard after midnight.
10. Moving out
- Residents need to clean up and get inspected by the designated time (Check the clean-up list)
- Residents should return the room key and leave the room after the inspection
11. Emergency Network
- Office: (tel)-02 902-9151, Fax)02- 991-0589
- Contact the security guide after midnight (r24:00-6:00 ) at Tel.02-991-0598.
- Contact the security guard by ringing the bell at the gate when you come to the center after 23:30
1. Shower and toilet
- Hot water availabilty
Hot water availabilty
|Monday ~ Friday
||Weekend & Holidays
06:00 ~ 10:00
17:00 ~ 19:00
22:00 ~ 00:00
06:00 ~ 10:00
19:00 ~ 00:00
- Residents should clean up their hair and trash after they take a shower.
- Residents should provide their own shampoo, soap, tissue. daily necessities, etc.
2. Common Kitchen
- Residents should clean up whenever they use the common Kitchen
- Sink, Kitchen table, Refrigerator are provided (equipped) at the Common Kitchen.
- Residents need to bring their own cooking kits to cook.
- Residents should watch out for fire
- Residents should do the dishes right after they use the kitchen. They should not leave the dirty dishes in the sink.
- Residents should throw food waste with no water to the food waste bin at the garden.
- Residents should clean up the common’s kitchen after they cook.
- All international students can use the cafeteria.
The meal plan: 32,00won.
- Meal Time: No food & dishes on the weekend.
- Breakfast 07:30~09:00
- Supper 17:30~19:00
- Meals are available only during the time of Duksung Dynamic English Program
- 2016. 03. 02 ~ 03. 18
- 2016. 03. 21 ~ 04. 08
- 2016. 05. 02 ~ 05. 20
- Dishes are not for taking out of the cafeteria.
- Residents are not allowed to go out through the back entrance of the cafeteria
- Basement: 6 washers, 6 dryers for all students staying at 3rd-5th floors
- 6thfloor laundry: 2 washers, 2 dryers for guests staying on the 6thfloor
- 500-won coin: coin change machine at the Lobby
- You have to provide your own laundry detergent
⑴ How to use the washing machine
- ① Pour (Dissolve) the detergent into water.
- ② Sort and load clothes and pour the dissolved detergent into the washer.
- ③ Insert coin (500 won) and push the coin box into the machine.
- ④ Select the regular cycle: washing--> rinsing--> spinning (It takes 25-35 minutes in total)
- ⑤ The washer pauses in the middle of doing laundry when you open the door of the washer. To operate the washer again, just close the door.
⑵ How to use the dryer
- ① Put your wet clothes into the dryer
- ② Close the window and insert a 500-won coin and push the coin box into the machine.
- ③ Press button. It takes 45 minutes to dry
- ④ The dryer pauses in the middle of drying when you open the door. To operate the dryer again, just close the door.
5. Ironing board
- An ironing board is available in front of the laundry.
- An iron is borrowable from the office.
6. Computer Lab
- Residents should check the check-in list on the first day of moving in.
- Residents are responsible for the care of their room, and the damage to furniture and equipment therein
- No arbitrary relocating, transforming, vandalizing of the facilities.
- Residents will be warned if they do any of the forbidden things listed above
8. How to use the Internet
9. Heating & Air Conditioning
- Air conditioning : Set the air conditioner on the room temperature- 26 degrees . Turn off the power of the air conditioner after using
- Heating : Central On-dol system. Contact the office when the room temperature is not appropriate
10. Smoking Area
- Residents are not allowed to smoke in the building.
- There is a designated smoking area in the garden
11. Restricted Areas
- Those who stay on the 5thfloorarenotallowedtogotothe3rd,4th,and6th
- Those who stay on the 6thfloorarenotallowedtogotothe3rd,4th,and5thfloors
- No one is allowed to go out through the back entrance in the basement.
12. Fire extinguisher
- In case of Fire, Every floor has a fire extinguisher.
- Residents should not change the location of the fire extinguisher randomly